- The Minimalist Character Description: DESCRIBE LESS, PLEASE
- When I Think “Faster Food,” I Think Robot Cooks, Not SHRIMP DUMPLING CANNON
- “So I’m Writing An Infodump…” “NO.” “But…” “HELL NO!”
- Snow, Coastal Virginia Style
- Drug Test Welfare Recipients? WHY DO WE NOT DRUG TEST POLITICIANS?
- Thirteen Word Story: Eat The World
- Commas, Man.
- Who Do You Write?
- The End Of Climate Change — 100 Word Story
- Flayed — A New Short Story Available For Preorder Now!
- I Got Hoaxed While Writing About How Hard It Is For The Future To See The Past Accurately: Theory In Practice
- Part Of Writing Science Fiction Is Asking What The Future Will Forget
- Writing Dilemma: I Like Writing About Writing, But Sometimes The Stories Come Slow
- Flash Fiction: The Hitting-Stick
- Alright, The Computer Voice Wasn’t So Hot. So Here I Am Reading “All Flesh Is Grass”.
- Eulogy For An Internet Badass –OR– Why I Cut Arguments Short And Don’t Hesitate On The Block Button
- Ho, Ho… Oh, No! My 3 Year Old Knows Santa’s Not Real… And That’s Okay
- Happy Holidays To You, Cat And Paper Edition
- New Experiment: Let Software Read My Stories
- New SF Short: “I Pledge Allegiance”: Preorder For February Release! Read A Preview Here.
- It’s The End Of The World As We Know It: Flower On The Moon
- VR: A Little Flash About Trolls And The Nature Of Virtual Reality
- Self Published Writers Still Enjoy Being Published By Others. Duh.
- Mad Max: One Of The Rare Moments I Find Myself Looking Forward To A Remake
- Proprietary Coffee DRM? Seriously? Someone Obviously Came Up With That Before They Had Their Coffee
- Too Much Information: Why Writers Should Conceal Their Research
- Thirteen Word Story: Niche Invasion
- Thirteen Word Story: Useless
- Thirteen Word Story: Childish Souvenirs
- Today’s Writing Tip: Nobody Is All Anything
- Preorder “A Pornodroid’s Tale” — A New Short Story To Be Released January 2nd, 2015
- Comments On The Culture Of Black Friday Presented As A Series Of Science Fiction & Fantasy Movie Tweets
Posts tagged:aliens Amazon anthology Arts author baby Buddha cake cheer up Climate Change Cooking cover art creative process creativity Cynicism distractions Earth ebook Elvis Emotion Erik Elliott Art excerpt family fantasy Fiction first contact Flash Fiction food Free going with the flow grief Habits Hampton Roads Happiness Hope Human humor hyper impatience Interstellar Travel Learning life mindfulness music novelette Online Communities Online Writing Optimism persistence Pessimism philosophical stuff procrastination Publishing Religion Rice cooker science fiction self-care self-publishing Serial: Hey Baby Short Stories Short story smashwords Social media Time Travel Twitter United States USA Virginia war weird Worry Writers Resources writing Writing and Editing writing process