Preface: this is childish. I still like it. I encourage those of you who use Twitter to use the #OperationMoonTheNSA hashtag.
Here’s what I’m talking about, in a series of my recent tweets kicked off by my passing along a message from @RevBobMIB:
Here’s a link to the petition that Robert ‘RevBob’ Hood was referring to. Signing it is probably WAY more effective than my followup of a crudely rendered facsimile of a butt.
Not sure what I’m talking about? It has been recently confirmed, what many suspected: the NSA archives pretty much everything every single US citizen does via any sort of telecommunication.
Info link 1: Wikipedia on NSA monitoring program PRISM.
Info link 3: A somewhat editorialized explanation at ExtremeTech.
In closing, I would like to add: (_|_)
- The rest of the Prism PowerPoint is so hot, no-one is willing to publish it (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- NSA Surveillance: Don’t Care. I’ve Got Nothing to Hide. (rightlinksblog.com)
- NSA now looking through Twitter – for recruits (rawstory.com)
- Nine reasons you should care about NSAs PRISM surveillance (seculardiscourse.wordpress.com)
- Here Are 9 Top Secret NSA Memes (motherboard.vice.com)
- Edward Snowden, the NSA Whistleblower, Explains Why He Did It (io9.com)
- PRISM schism: the NSA leaks reveal a broken system (seculardiscourse.wordpress.com)
- NSA Surveillance Children’s Book (neatorama.com)
- ACLU Files Lawsuit Seeking to Stop the Collection of Domestic Phone Logs – New York Times (nytimes.com)