You can shop any day. Deals aren’t worth suffering for.
Whether you’re fishing or reading a book or hugging your loved ones, an extra-cheap television or whatever isn’t better. It’s not even equal. It’s a distant, distant 47th place behind all the other things that actually make you happy and make your life a genuinely better place to inhabit.
I’m eating apricots and I think: these are basically tiny peaches. But they have smoother flesh, they’re sweeter, they’re more flavorful than their larger cousins.
Same with cherries. Tiny plums, just way more delicious.
People like the giant Red Globe grapes, but they are bland and watery, if crisp. The modest Concord blows them away in flavor.
And yet producers breed for bigger fruit. Bigger and less delicious.
Where are the visionaries breeding for smaller, tastier fruit? Where are my tiny apricots the size of a dime and so delicious I’d collapse to the ground with my eyes rolled back into my head?
- What’s hot in the fruit garden? (blackmoorfruit.wordpress.com)
- Aprium’s (earthtreatsblog.wordpress.com)
- April is for Apricots (foodsfromspain.wordpress.com)
- All for making the king of fruits sweeter (thehindu.com)
- Syrian Dried Apricot Paste at Pars Market Middle Eastern Store in Columbia Maryland (parsmarketcolumbia.wordpress.com)
- Broadway Basketeers Dried Fruit Extra-Large Gift Basket (eyeoncelebs.com)